Thursday, May 05, 2005

My Fellow Snarkers Suck

Simple message to my fellow Snarkers: get your lazy asses in gear, or you're fired--especially you, Bill Blood--not one post from you. Unless, perchance, you are really r.c. bald... What the fuck is up with that guy? Hong Kong expat poetry? I thought Sebald was a dead fiction writer obsessed with the holocaust and old photographs.

update: I Googled "R. C. Bald," and it appears the dude is real--either that, or he has stolen this other guy's name. Shockingly, Bald seems to be a successful, well-published scholar--which means he is also either a nutjob with too much free time on his hands or that he is doing a hell of a job acting like that's the case. Hats off to you, crazy Hong Kong dude. We've added you to our elite list of linked sites. (If this doesn't make sense to you, read this guy's whack comments in my recent posts). Oh and in case you missed it: David Allen Evans, it turns out, is the Poet Laureate of South Dakota. Go figure. Shumway's fate remains undetermined. Anyone know? Any speculation?

Next week, in addition to our "Lost Poets of the 70s" series, I will be snarking Mark Strand (photo accompaniment), and I will describe the philosophy of the snark. Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Blogger Snark said...

Bald,

We don't do healthy and encouraging dialogue here. We do glib and mean-spirited rants. You want healthy dialogue? Go read Silliman's yawn-fest. But I've looked at your blog, and you are one crazy pop tart, that's for sure. I like crazy, and my favorite flavor pop tart is cinnamon. So I say to you fair Bald, you are welcome here at the Snark. Even your senile ramblings are better than some of the losers that comment in these threads, and you've written more text here than all of my supposed "fellow snarkers" combined. So while your crap ex-pat verse licks skunk turds, I am going to link to your site, elevating you to the ranks of Ali G's Amazon Reviews of Poetry and Criticism, Robert Frost's Blog, and even the might H. Dagger, pirate extraordinaire.

5:53 PM, May 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home