Saturday, May 21, 2005

Use the Snark, Bald

The Snark is all around you. This post is written for R.C. Bald, who is now feeling its strength, but really, it is here for all of us. It has always been here waiting for you to come to it, to know it, befriend it. Listen to Bald:

"Friends ... I feel an odd imbalance lately of a most peculiar nature that seems to be infecting the very marrow of my bones. Yes, yes, the more I wax discursive on the subject of that most beloved figure in the attic Pantheon, yes, friends, I speak of Poetry, the more I feel roused to formidably establish her defense from would-be defilers. I have odd & heretofore foreign compulsions to verbally bludgeon, if you will, those that would make a Jezebel of her. All of this snarking business in which I have lately played such a fervent role seems to be tinting the nature of my critical eye, yes, so much so that where I once saw compassion & the slow & gradual obligation to aid the uninvested towards poetic salvation, I now feel compelled to whip them, to throw the lash of vitriol across their obstinate backs until they break, squawking out..."

Hear me, Bald. You must learn to use the Snark. It has powers you can only dream of. There are things that the lyric can never teach you. Only the dark side can save your beloved muse, young master. Soon Lord Snark will prove victorious over this Kosmos. Join us, Bald, and there shall be peace and justice throughout the land. Only with the power of the Snark can you save your beloved, Poetry.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ginger said...

I am your father, Bald

7:21 AM, May 21, 2005  
Blogger R.C. Bald said...

No, no, I am quite certain of my father's identity, my dear friend, though my many thanks to you for the suggestion. I must say it pleases me to see find my rhetoric engaged in what appears to have the suspect countenence of a Manichean divide in critical positioning. There is, to be sure, my dear friends, merit both in kindness & in cruelty. Certain comments from jonathan I believe led to a similar point, friends, that the line between donning kneepads & chapstick & actualy giving praise where it is due has blurred, whereas the snarking track, that which throws on its armor & its guns, so to speak my friends, seems almost unilaterally pleasing in an almost massochistic way. We are. after all, involved in a dwindling commnunity with, sadly I must report, Ego as its deity where Beauty once resided, & as such friends it is surely questionable to lash out, as it were, with the flaming, fiery & bifurcated tongue of snark. But its impact can be so sweet, friends, & where passion surges I think I see life again in that attic body. Where, dear friends, where to side on the dehsicing divide?

8:43 AM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Ginger Pennebaker said...

Beauty is nothing but a useless appendage of the Ego as it rides a remorseless Flame into the Dry shavings of Death, the Non-Ego, Samadhi, etc. The next Great amerikan pOET will dismember the FORM of his elderZ as a dragon's cleft tongue digests a thin network of flies. Marked by the invention of a NEW FORM, constituting his Big poetic BALLS or HER Dynamo-Labia, the NEW EGOISM will produce its most quivering fantasys at its Height of SELF-immersion. Aye, Bald, that very INSTANT before the luna moth is sucked by metallic alien HOSE-Machines into the All-fucking BELLY of the STAR...

2:07 PM, May 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are You? Give me a hint, because I'd really like to know.

8:49 PM, May 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home